Monday, December 19, 2011

May - All work and no, well OK a little play.


May was a very busy month. Julie headed back to school and re-acquired her Realtor's license. I worked every single day in May. I took on two new clients and Vital Images decided to submit a 510(k) with 25 days notice. Work seemed to be still feast or famine.

We did find time to go to a wine dinner at La Bel Vie with our wine group. The chef sends out a menu and each table brings a wine to pair with each course. The chef walks around and samples some of the wines and is then supposed to declare a winner for each course. We think we won the dessert course with a Château d'Yquem.

My boss at Vital Images was becoming increasingly difficult to deal with due to what everyone agreed was an imbalance in his meds for a serious bi-polar disorder. Lucky for me, a recruiter called me in March and asked if I was interested in another contract that paid $5 an hour more than my current contract. Being naturally lazy, I initially turned down the offer, but one morning driving to work I did the math in my head, 5x40x4=$800 a month. I decided to call and check on the contract. I got the offer on May 27th and all I needed was final approval for a start date.

No comments:

Post a Comment