Friday, December 23, 2011

July - Vegas Baby! Part Deux

July is Julie's Birthday so we headed back to Las Vegas. We stayed at the Mirage and the Tropicana this time. We ate at Mix, Cafe Nikki, SW in the Wynn and Biscayne. We tried the "day club" at Marquee in the Cosmopolitan, as you can see Julie was well liked by the natives but was unaccustomed to their greeting rituals.










We also went to the U2 concert at Target Stadium (The cultural event of the year according to the City Pages!) I had never seen U2 in concert so I didn't know what to expect. We had a great time with Julie's childhood friends Judy Nitcheki (sp) and Scott Johnson (at this point, your 20's counts as part of your childhood). Bono and crew played through a serious downpour, proving why they are the highest grossing band ever. I kept thinking these guys are millionaires and they are playing as if this is the best show of their lives. If I was a millionaire I doubt I'd work that hard in the rain. I doubt I'll ever have the chance to find out.

I also learned that there is no reason to pay $250 for seats at a U2 concert as you never get the chance to sit in said seat. Next time I'll blow $90 for the floor pass and spend the rest on some comfy shoes.

Here's me in my natural habitat, SW Steakhouse in Las Vegas with a tan, my lovely wife and a Makers Mark Manhattan.

Open Table Reservations - 11

Dinners at Ruth's Chris - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment